Friday 25 July 2008

As Kids See It


3 .I had my four-year-old granddaughter Zoey with me while I was shopping for a swimsuit for an upcoming cruise. While I sorted through one section of the rack,she sorted through the other.Within a few minutes she had selected a swimsuit.“Grandma,here is one for you,”she proudly declared.“Oh,no,Zoey,” I said as I looked at the somewhat skimpy bikini she held up.“Grandma needs a one-piece.”“Ok,Grandma.”she replied as she separated the top from the bottom,”which piece do you want?” Kathy Bevans

แปลเนื้อเรื่อง
ฉันมีหลานสาว อายุ 4 ขวบ ชื่อ โซอี้ ขณะที่อยู่ในร้านขายชุดว่ายน้ำ ที่ไปเลือกซื้อ เพื่อใส่ไปแล่นเรือเที่ยวคราวหน้า ในขณะที่กำลังเลือกชุดบนราว ไม่กี่นาทีเธอก็ได้ชุดที่เธอเลือก แล้วบอกกับยายว่า “นี่สำหรับคุณยาย” เธอบอกอย่างจริงจัง “โอ้ ไม่ใช่หรอก โซอี้” ฉันบอกเมื่อเห็นชุดเล็ก ๆ “ยายต้องการ ชิ้นเดียวใช่ไหม ตกลงค่ะคุณยาย” เธอพูดแล้ว แยกชุดว่ายน้ำออก แล้วถามว่า “ยายต้องการชิ้นไหนล่ะ” ( ชิ้นบน หรือ ชิ้นล่าง)
เคซี บีแวท

คำศัพท์

swimsuit = ชุดว่ายน้ำ
cruise = ล่องเรือ
proudly= ภูมิใจ
skimpy= ไม่เพียงพอ
bikini= ชุดบิกินี
bottom=ล่าง
separate= แยก























































No comments: